- Marriage Index- LARGE FILE. This is a transcription of the Bride's index available at the Sweetwater County Clerk. The index does not contain specific marriage dates. All that the book provides are the couple's names, the book and page that contains the marriage license, a year range for the license and in later years the receipt number. The index begins at the formation of the county in 1870 and is transcribed through mid-May 2011. Each record has an image linked to it, please check the image before contacting the clerk's office to obtain additional information. The clerk's office will require the book and page number to retrieve any license. The file is also available as an Excel spreadsheet for more in depth research and better search functionality, the images however will not load from it.
- Wyoming Department of Health, Vital Records- Birth and death records since Jul 1909. Marriage and Divorce records beginning in May 1941. After 100 years from the date of the event, birth certificates can be obtained by anyone providing enough information to locate the record. After 50 years from the date of the event, death, marriage, and divorce records may be obtained by anyone providing enough information to locate the record in question.
- Wyoming State Archives- Birth records that are over 100 years old and any death, marriage, and divorce records that are 50 years old. Probate records up to the 1940's.
- National Archives State Level List of Casualties of the Korean and Vietnam Wars- Follow the links to Wyoming, lists load as .pdf.
- Transcribed obits, death notices, letters of administration, etc. taken from various Rock Springs papers. Work in progress, more added as I have time.
- Rocket Miner Obituary Archive- it appears that this is no longer searchable, just recent obits.
- Fox Funeral Home Obits- recent obits posted at Fox Funeral Home, Rock Springs.
- Western States Marriages at BYU Idaho- Some Sweetwater county marriages are indexed here.
- Sweetwater County Clerk- Marriage books from 1870 to present. There are both alphabetical bride and groom indexes, indexes proceed by year of marriage. Once found in the index, a license can be pulled, older licenses are on microfilm, information contained on individual licenses varies.
- Sweetwater County Clerk of Court- Holds probate and criminal records from 1870, civil (including divorce) records from 1869 to present, and naturalization records from 1907-1952. Records older than five years are copied to the Wyoming State Archives. Anyone may access these records in person without fee, the clerk's office will do records searches for $10 per name.