Records of Panola County TX
by Marylee W. Knight
Only information on this school known at this time is the deed that was signed Nov. 2, 1886 and recorded on Nov. 24, 1886 in Volume S, page 400 of the Deed Records of Panola County.
This deed conveyed two acres of land from T.J. Wells to “the Colored School Population”. It states that the two acres were known as Sulphur Springs in Panola County, that it was located about one and a half miles west of the Texas-Louisiana border on the “road from Carthage to Mansfield”. The only other information given was that Sulphur Springs was south of the Carthage-Mansfield road. No Headright survey name was given.