Municipal Records (Eastern District)
Records Group (RG) 22, Series 7, 8, 15 and RG 40 include these items specific to the United Counties:
- Minute books, Quarter Sessions, Eastern District and United Counties, 1802 - 1947 [1847?], 9 vols.
- Commissions of the Peace (parchments), 1793 - 1861
- Minute Books, County Judge's Criminal Court, United Counties, 1869 - 1927
- Accounts of Criminal Justice, United Counties, 1866 - 1913, 2 vols.
- Case files, Civil and Criminal, United Counties, 1860's - ca. 1900, 8 cu. ft.
- List of Justices of the Peace, United Counties, 1863 - 1928, 1 vol.
- Counties Jury Selectors Minute Books, 1852, 1879 - 1898, 1936 - 1957, 3 vols.
- Schedules of Returns of Convictions, 1895 - 1922, 1 vol.
- Criminal Statistics, County Judge's Criminal Court, United Counties, 1897 - 1948, 1 vol.
- Claims heard, decided and notified under Heir and Devisee Commission, Eastern District (docket books), 1797 - 1803, 9 vols.
- Lists of certificates for land, Eastern District, 1801 (13 May), 1 vol.
- Lists of patents for land under Sept. 4, 1800 regulations, Eastern District, 1800, 1 vol.
(incl. list of deeds remaining in the office of Clerk of the Peace)
...available at Archives of Ontario
Pre-Confederation (pre-1867) records are at the Ontario Archives in Toronto. The 1868-1950 Original Records are no longer kept by the government. They are now kept at the Sir John Johnson House in Williamstown (Glengarry); The French Genealogical Society in Cornwall (Stormont); and the Morrisburg Library (Dundas).
Ontario Archives Computerized Land Records Index is also in the holdings of the SDG Genealogical Society.
Provincial Land Registry Office #52
127 Sidney Street
Cornwall, ON K6H 3H1
More on: Land Records