|HISTORY OF THE CORNWALL CHEESE AND BUTTER BOARD|
|PETER A. McDOUGALL|
| P. A. McDougall |
ETER A. McDOUGALL was born October 29, 1858. His parents were Allan Peter McDougall and Margaret McLennan. He is a Scotch-Canadian, a Presbyterian and a Unionist.
His farm, consisting of 113 acres, is located Lot 1, Third Concession, Indian Lands, Charlottenburg Township, Glengarry. It carries a stock of 20 cattle, 7 horses, 10 swine and 90 fowl. The annual production of the above-mentioned farm during an average year is 550 bushels grain, 60 tons hay, 5 acres corn, 400 bushels potatoes, with about half an acre vegetables and one acre fruit.
Mr. McDougall has farmed all his life, and has been a patron of the Cheese Board since its organization. He sends 350 pounds of milk daily to the Glen-Donald Factory during the season.
MISSES SARAH AND ANNIE McCULLOCH
|ARAH and ANNIE McCULLOCH are fifty and forty-eight years of age respectively. They are the daughters of Angus McCulloch, their mother's maiden name being Janet Grant. They are Canadians of Scotch descent, Presbyterians in religion and Unionists in politics. |
Their farm of 200 acres, located Lots 20 and 24, Third Concession, Charlottenburg Township, Glengarry, has a stock on it of 35 cattle, 3 horses, 14 sheep, 4 swine and 35 fowl. The yearly production of this farm is 600 bushels grain, 20 tons hay, 50 tons corn, 100 bushels potatoes, 150 bushels roots. Also, there are on the farm 10 fruit trees and 1,000 maple trees suitable for sugar making, while 200 pounds of honey is produced during a season.
Our subjects have been farming for nine years, and patrons of the Cheese Board for the same duration of time. They deliver daily 175 pounds of milk to the Glen Donald Factory.
The old homestead, "Maple Hall," was built by Angus McCulloch, and the farm was formerly occupied by John McCulloch.
|prev page 282 next page|