|HISTORY OF THE CORNWALL CHEESE AND BUTTER BOARD|
|ALLAN PETER McDONALD|
|LLAN PETER McDONALD was born August 31, 1860, in the Township of Charlottenburg, Glengarry County. He is the son of Donald D. McDonald. |
His wife was Mary Isabella McDonald, by whom he has two daughters. He is a Canadian of Scotch descent, a Catholic and a Unionist.
His farm, consisting of 200 acres, is located Lot 14, Third Concession (Glen), Charlottenburg Township. He has 45 head of cattle, 7 horses, 30 swine and 100 fowl, and his farm products annually are about as follows: 1,000 bushels grain, 125 tons hay, 125 tons corn, 350 bushels potatoes, 3 acres turnips. He also has 25 assorted fruit trees and taps about 600 maple trees every season.
Home of Allan P. McDonald
Mr. McDonald has followed farming as an occupation for his entire life, and has been a patron of the Cheese Board since it was organized. He sends about 500 pounds of milk daily to the Summerstown Station Factory. During the winter season he ships his milk to Montreal.
He was Reeve of Charlottenburg Township in 1900, and Councillor for six years previous. He has been Secretary-Treasurer of School Section No. 6, Charlottenburg, for a long term. Mr. McDonald is well and favorably known in Cornwall and vicinity and is regarded as one of the most substantial and progressive farmers of the community.
|prev page 160 next page|