|HISTORY OF THE CORNWALL CHEESE AND BUTTER BOARD|
|GEORGE ELLIS CLARK|
| George Ellis Clark|
EORGE E. CLARK was born June 19, 1863, and has been engaged in practical farming all his life. He owns and personally operates the splendid 168-acre farm, located Lots 1 and 2, Sixth Concession, Indian Lands, Charlottenburg Township, Glengarry.
Mr. Clark's farm yields annually 1,000 bushels of grain, 90 tons of hay, 175 tons of corn and 200 bushels of potatoes. Thirty-eight head of cattle, 5 horses, 12 swine and a large number of fowl constitute the livestock equipment of the farm. A fine sugar bush is located on the property.
Mr. Clark has been a member of the Cheese Board since its formation, twenty-one years ago, and is a patron of the Glen Factory, where he delivers an average of 500 pounds of milk daily during the season.
Our subject has been active in the political life of Glengarry for many years, having served as Township Councillor, Deputy Reeve and Reeve, and was elected
Home of George E. Clark
|prev page 80 next page|