James T. Riley, M. D., has successfully practiced medicine at El Reno since the fall of 1908. He came to this state with unusual equipment and training, and his successful practice and standing merely represent the accumulated resources of his natural ability and thorough education. Doctor Riley is a graduate of the Union University at Albany, New York, with the degree M. D. in 1907. He had previously spent two years in the medical department of the University of Buffalo, whore he served as an interne in the Sisters of Charity Hospital one year and then followed with two years at Albany. After passing a successful examination before the New York State Medical Board he was licensed to practice in that state, and in 1908 came to Oklahoma, and after examination was similarly licensed. In the fall of 1908 he located at El Reno and has built up a profitable general practice. He is anesthesian at the El Reno Sanitarium, and lecturer to the Training School for Nurses, on the subject of materia medica and fever nursing. Doctor Riley is a member of the Canadian County and the Oklahoma Medical societies and the American Medical Association.
Doctor Riley acquired the means for his medical education by teaching in the public schools of New York State five years. His literary education was obtained in an academy at Mexico, Oswego County, New York, at which place he was born February 11, 1880, son of Terence Riley, a native of Ireland, and Margaret (Driscoll) Riley, a native of New York State. In 1909 Doctor Riley married Miss Frances E. Burrows of Oklahoma City. In religion he is a Catholic and has affiliations with the Knights of Columbus.