C. B. Rockwood
has been an active member of the bar of
Creek County since 1904. He is now a member of the firm of Pryor &
Rockwood at Sapulpa. When he came to the county there were only seven
attorneys comprising the Sapulpa bar, while the number now is
sixty-five. Mr. Rockwood is a man of the people, a natural leader,
and has many qualifications both as a lawyer and for political
service. He has taken part as a speaker in Creek County in nearly
every political campaign and it is said that he knows and can call by
name almost every permanent resident here.
An Iowa man, he was born at Waucoma, August 3, 1877, a son of J. B. and Catherine (Bunny) Rockwood
of whom mention will be found on other pages of this volume.
Mr. Rockwood was reared and educated in Fayette County, Iowa. From the common schools he entered the Upper Iowa University at Fayette, where he was graduated A. B. in 1900. He then studied law in the law department of Drake University at Des Moines, and gained admission to the Iowa bar in June, 1904. A little later he came to Oklahoma, or Indian Territory as it was then, and located at Bristow in Creek County. That was his home and the center for his extending law practice
until November, 1910, since which date he has been a member of the
firm of Pryor and Rockwood at Sapulpa.
In politics Mr.
Rockwood is a democrat, and in Masonry has attained the thirty-second
degree of Scottish Rite and belongs to the Guthrie Consistory. He is
also affiliated with the Knights of Pythias and the Independent Order
of Odd Fellows.
In 1904 he married
Miss Jessie Shaw, who was born in Western Iowa, a daughter of George
and Caroline Shaw. To their marriage were born three children: Doris,
Joseph and Ralph.