Montgomery County, Maryland
Posted Queries for April 1998
SURNAMES: A B C
D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- FARMER, PRITCHETT posted
by Donald Matson on Thursday, April 2, 1998
- Thomas PRITCHETT left a will in Montg. Co.,Md. written & probated in 1778 naming
following children, but no wife... Elias, Charles, William, Ruth West, Elizabeth West,
Mary & Liddy. Does anyone have any genealogy on these children? Looking for a
Elizabeth "Betsy" RITCHETT who supposedly had a brother Elias who became a
school teacher & went to Fayette Co.,Pa. She marr. bef. 1768 to John FARMER, a Quaker,
in Montg. Co. area, then in 1790's went to Loudoun Co.,Va. area, then in 1792 to Franklin
Co.,Ky. Any help or clues would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.
- CASE, COALE, COLE, CROWN posted by Richard j. Cole on Friday, April 3, 1998
- I am researching the Montgomery Co. area for information on the COALE/COLE
family. My gg grandfather JOHN COALE (later changed to COLE) was born between 1776
and 1799. He married SUSANNA CROWN (born abt. 1800) 11 Sept. 1823 (this info found
in St Mary's Church records, Rockville, Md.) They had three children, SARAH COLE (CASE),
WILLIAM COLE, MARGARET COLE. JOHN COLE died about May, 1846. I am seeking information
about his birth date/place, parents, their parents, and his burial site. I am also seeking
information about the CROWN and CASE families. Any suggestions or information would be
greatly appreciated. Thank you. Dick Cole, 12740-4 Camino De La Breccia, San Diego, CA.
- DUNN, KING posted by Michael Luck on Friday, April 3, 1998
- I am searching for any information on John King a.k.a. "Jack". He lived in
Montgomery Co. MD around 1927 (the year my father was born). He had a sister named Kitty,
could be short for Kate or Katherine. She lived on Grant Ave. in Takoma Park. She
may have married into a family by the last name of Dunn, and relocated to Virginia. He was
the Fire Chief around that same time (1927) in Takoma Park MD. He is buried at St. John's
Cemetary in Forest Glen, MD. I think. Any information would be most helpful. My father
never knew his father or much about him. I'm only seeking info for geneaology
- GORDON posted by Colleen McGhee
on Monday, April 6, 1998
- I have the following information about the GORDON family: Ida GORDON, born in around
1860, remembered seeing smoke from the Civil War in Silver Spring, MD, so they may have
come from there. Sister Ruth Cheney GORDON born ten years later in 1870. Father Henry
GORDON died in train accident to Washington D. C. Ruth moved in around 1892 to Ashland,
NH. Anything anyone can tell me about the Gordon family would be welcome!
- JANES, JAYNES, JEANES, JEANS posted by Paul B. Phelps on Tuesday, April 7, 1998
- Seeking information on the family and origins of William JEANS, an early surveyor and
Quaker in Montgomery Co. MD. William was b.a. 1720 in Prince George's Co. MD, son of
Joseph and Elizabeth JEANS, and m.a. 1745 to Martha Ann
- MOORE, WHIP posted by Marri Barnett on Tuesday, April 14, 1998
- Archibald WHIP b. abt. 1791, Frederick Co.,MD married Ann C. MOORE in city now called
Damascus, Montgomery Co.,MD at the Methodist Episcopal Church on 15 May 1817.
- HIGGINS, JANES posted by Joanie Fortune on Sunday, April 19, 1998
- LEMUEL CLARK JANES was born 10 Feb 1810 in Loudown Co., Va. Moved to Montgomery Co
with parents. His father engaged in farming and business in Georgetown. Lemuel
married BARBARA E. HIGGINS 17 Feb 1829 in Rockville. Barbara was born in Montgomery
Co about 1813. Around 1835, they moved to Indiana Would like to find more about
their families. At times, the surname Janes appears as Jones or James.
- DYAR, DYER, GRIFFITH posted by Marsha Pearson
on Tuesday, April 21, 1998
- Would like to find the parents of Samuel DYER born 2 Jan 1751 in Montgomery Co.,
MD. Was Rev. Soldier from Virginia and married Elizabeth GRIFFITH.
- DAWSON posted by M. Bailey on
Thursday, April 23, 1998
- I am researching Thomas Dawson (6th GGrandfather) and his family. Thomas owned a
farm called "Mother's Delight", purchased in 1754 and enlarged as it passed to
future generations (last Dawson to own farm was Americus Dawson in the late 1800s).
The farm is now located in the Great Seneca State Park. Any information
aboutThomas/ancestors/descendants or pertinent information is appreciated. Willing
to share any information I have re: family DAWSON. Thank you.
- BREWER, MCNAIR, MUSGROVE posted by John (Jack) Stewart
on Sunday, April 26, 1998
- Am researching a BREWER family of Montgomery Co., MD, and would like to exchange info
with anyone knowledgable about the following family that appears in the 1860 census of
Clarksburg: VINCENT BREWER, 53, m, farmer, b. MD Catharine, 53, f, b. MD Elias, 17, m, b.
MD Angeline W., 30, f, b. MD Walper G., 7, m, b. MD Zachariah F., 5, m, b. MD Eliza A., 3,
f, b. MD Imogene, 2/12, f, b. MD Frances Riggs, 14, f, b. MD James L. MUSGROVE 31, m,
laborer, b. VA
For questions about this page contact Mark Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty