Abstracts from Patent Certificates Located at the
Hall of Records in Annapolis, Maryland
For Tracts mentioned in Caroline County, Maryland Land Deeds
 
 
 
 


Submitted by: Sandra L. Willis.   Please contact Sandra if you have questions or comments.

Friendship Regulated
Andrew Willis - 1st Survey - 6 April 1754
                          Patent - 23 Sept. 1760, containing 113 acres
Originally called Friendship and belonged to Thomas Hackett - contained 70 acres and was patented 20 July 1734 near Catarins Creek.
 

Friendship Regulated Resurveyed
Andrew Willis - Resurvey - 10 Nov. 1763
                          Patent - 23 March 1764 contains 304 acres
 

Willis's Venture
James Willis - Survey - 19 Aug. 1767
                        Patent - 4 Nov. 1769 contains 100 acres
This is a resurvey of "Lowe's Lott" - original patent 4 Aug. 1757 for Isaac Lowe - located on the east side of the north west fork of Nanticoke River.
 

Willis's Right
John Willis - Survey - 28 Nov. 1723
                      Patent - 5 July 1726 containing 50 acres
William Edmondson signed over rights for 50 acres from his warrant 28 Oct. 1723 - located on the south side of Great Choptank River and on west side of main road that leads from Hunting Creek mill to the Parson's Landing
 

Willis's Regulation
John Willis - Survey - 14 Oct. 1736
                      Patent - 21 Oct. 1743 containing 111 acres
Resurvey of "Willis's Right" and "Sharps Prosperity" on the south side of head of Marshy Creek Branch - added 11 acres of vacant land and called whole group "Willis's Regulation"
 

Willis's Luck
Joshua Willis - Survey - 1 Dec. 1763
                         Patent - 29 Sept. 1765 containing 229 1/2 acres
Originally called "Squires Chance" for John Squire - located on the south- east side of north- east branch of Hunting Creek.
 

Willis's Landing
Joshua Willis - Survey 20 April 1793
                         Patent - 14 May 1805 containing 7 1/2 acres
Patent made out to Elizabeth Everingham, Joshua Willis, Francis Baker, Deborah Lucas, Charles Willis, Peter Willis, Thomas Willis, James Willis, John Willis, Annaritta Fleming's heirs - Mary Fleming and Robert Fleming because Joshua died intestate. Located on the east side of main road that leads from Lower Hunting Creek Mill to the Upper Mill.
 

Addition to Willis's Landing
Joshua Willis - Survey - 30 April 1793 containing 69 3/4 acres
From Deposition of Captain William Haskins aged 38 on 5 Nov. 1804 -
        Joshua Willis deceased did devise to his son Charles Willis -
                Children of Joshua Willis
                    1. Elizabeth Evingham - wife of William Evingham
                    2. Joshua Willis
                    3. Francis Baker - wife of Charles Baker
                    4. Deborough Lucas - wife of Joshua Lucas
                    5. Charles Willis
                    6. Peter Willis
                    7. Thomas Willis
                    8. James Willis
                    9. John Willis
                  10. Annaritta Fleming - wife of Sylas Fleming
                  11. Mary Willis
These are the only children of Joshua Willis at his decease, now 2 sons - Charles and Thomas deceased and left no issue. Both Annaritta and Sylas Fleming deceased - 2 children viz. Mary Fleming and Robert Fleming.

Also includes deposition of James Willis, son of Joshua Willis, which stated the same facts.


Return to Documents   |   Caroline County MDGenWeb   |   Sandra's Homepage

© 2000-2003 Sandra L. Willis
All rights reserved