St. John's Church (Catholic) in Fork, MD,


The original St John's church was located on Carroll Manor Rd. and was called St. John's on the Ridge. When the original church burned down, a new one was built on Long Green Pike. There is an old cemetery at the site of the old church. There is little left of this old cemetary "on the Ridge". It is overgrown and not very easy to find. It is located on Carroll Manor Rd. across the street from Devenfield Dr. It is not marked but can be located within a split- rail fence. one tombstone was ledgible (March 2000)

JOHN MADARY
Born Dec 2, 1810
Died Dec 13, 1878
Aged 68 yrs. & 11 days
"He sleeps in Jesus and is blest,
How sweet his slumbers are,
From suffering and from sin released,
and freed from every care.

Apparently, St. Ignatias Church holds some of the older records for St. John's. Church


This information provided by Carol