The north part of Yorkville
was formerly known as the Village of Bristol. Even before the consolidation
of the two villages in 1957, Bristol was frequently referred to as North
Yorkville. To confuse the matter a bit more, many years ago the name of
the village of Hunstville, north of Yorkville, was changed to Bristol Station.
When Bristol and Yorkville were combined and became Yorkville, Bristol
Station became Bristol.
The community of Bristol
(the former Bristol Station) is unincorporated. More and more homes
are being built in the area. As recently as 1997 a move was made to incorporate
Bristol. The incorporation movement failed, probably for a number of reasons.
Perhaps incorporation will occur sometime in the future. However, that
is another story. This page refers to the former Village of Bristol now
an integral part of the City Of Yorkville.