Burying Ground, Section 28, SE 1/4 of SW 1/4, Removed.
The Bristol Burying Ground Cemetery no longer exists. According to an 1871 map of old Bristol (north Yorkville),
the cemetery was located along the south side of Park Street in the block bounded by Park, Liberty, and Somonauk
Streets and Bristol Road. All the gravestones found in the Bristol Burying Ground Cemetery were removed to Elmwood
Cemetery in Yorkville. The gravestones were placed closely together in one section of Elmwood Cemetery. It
is unknown if the bodies originally buried in the Bristol Burying Ground Cemetery were moved when the gravestones
were removed. The record of sixteen burials has survived.
Elmwood Cemetery, Section 29, SE 1/4 of SE 1/4, Active.
Also known as Post's Mills Cemetery. Cemetery was located on the farm owned by Richard Russell Greenfield. Most,
if not all, of the bodies have been removed to different locations. The majority were probably moved to the Griswold
Cemetery, 5 burials recorded.
Hubbell Cemetery, SW quarter
of the NW quarter of section 6, Little Rock Township, Inactive and despoiled. Also known as the Ovitt Cemetery,
and was the earliest cemetery in the vicinity of the Village of Little Rock. Nine burials recorded.
Little Rock Township Cemetery,
Section 22, NE 1/4 of NW 1/4, Active.
Doud Cemetery, Section 24,
NW 1/4 of SE 1/4, Inactive. Twenty-two burials recorded.
Lincoln Memorial Park, Section 2, NE 1/4 of SE 1/4, Active.
Lincoln Memorial Park was opened in 1929 and is probably the largest cemetery in Kendall County. It is located
in the northeast corner of Kendall County close to the Kane/Kendall line. Most of the people buried there probably
were residents of Kane County. However, many Kendall County residents are buried there as well. While the cemetery
has not been read, burial records are available at the cemetery office.
Oswego Township Cemetery, Section 19, NW 1/4 of
NE 1/4, Active.
There was an earlier cemetery also known as Oswego Cemetery located in Section 17, SW 1/4 of SW 1/4. The first
Oswego Cemetery was laid out and the land donated to the village in 1835, by Maurice Grey, L. B. Judson and L.
F. Arnold. The original Oswego Cemetery was where the Baptist church was standing in 1914. Bodies were transferred
from the original to the present Oswego Cemetery. Source: Historical Encyclopedia & History of Illinois
of Kendall County, by Bateman and Selby (1914) page 835.
Cemetery has been read. Available for purchase from Kendall County Historical Society.
Pearce Cemetery, Section 17, NE 1/4 of NE 1/4, Active.