Early Twin Falls Village and Town officials
In 1904 a few settlers had started arriving and John Hayes and his two- man survey crew was working at surveying the area. The area we know as Twin Falls still being in Cassia county was starting to growing rapidly and On April 13, 1905 Twin Falls was incorporated as a Village with over 500 residents, and governed by two men, known as Chairman of the Village Board, Paul S.A. Bickel and Samuel T. Hamilton. On March 18, 1907, The Village Board proved residents had reached over 1000, so Twin Falls was able to be classified as a town.
The following is the Mayors that followed in the growth through 1937.
Paul S.A. Bickel (Chairman of the Village) died 1932 buried at Twin Falls Cemetery; Samuel T. Hamilton (Chairman of the Village) died 1954 buried at Twin Falls Cemetery; Fred Voight ( First Mayor, moved to California); Carl J. Hahn died 1939 and is buried Twin Falls Cemetery; George S. Aldrich ( moved to Washington); Carlos Oliver Meigs died 1959 and buried Twin Falls Cemetery; Everett Sweeley died 1957 buried at Twin Falls Cemetery; Frank F. Bracken ( died during surgery) died 1918 buried Twin Falls Cemetery,; Arthur L. Swim died 1941 is buried at Sunset memorial Park; William H. Eldredge ( in 1937 was the City Clerk) died in 1943 buried Twin Falls Cemetery; Peter W. McRoberts died 1941 and buried Twin Falls Cemetery; James A. Tucker died 1947 and buried in Twin Falls Cemetery; Shadrack Hodgin died 1931 and buried Twin Falls Cemetery; Edgar L. Ashton; Richard Elwood Bobier died 1952 and buried Twin Falls Cemetery; Duncan McDougal Johnston (served time at the Boise penitentiary and later died in California); Lemuel A. Chapin (believed to have moved to California) Mayor in 1937.
Village marshal was Albert Snodgrass the only paid official. The first jail was housed in the side of the canyon's rock wall but the door was always left open in case the prisoner had to flee a rattle snake. Needless to say the jail was never full. In 1907 a new jail was built on 2nd avenue.