Pictures Depicting the Golden Age of Ludowici
Interior of Ludowici Celadon Company Roofing Tile Factory
about 1906. In the front from left to right the late Arthur L.
Davis, Sr., unidentified , the late Harry E. Houston, unidentified boy, unidentified
, the late Lee B. Davis, Chief Engineer, and Francis John Chapman, Jr., Book
keeper. The roofing tiles in the racks to the right had been molded and ready
to be place in the kiln. Photo courtesy of Tommy Houston, nephew of Harry
Ludowici Celadon Company Club House, ca 1905 as seen from the tile factory.
Note the upper level observation deck from where the tile factory could
View of the Ludowici Celadon Company tile factory at Johnston Station, Georgia
(Now Ludowici) that was taken from the observation deck of the Club House.
The Allen Johnston House ca 1858, the o ldest structure in Ludowici was reroofed
with Ludowici Clay Tile about 1905.
The Ludowici High School Building completed in 1905 and donated by Mr. Ludowici.
It was roofed with Ludowici Clay Tile .It served the community until the
All pictures are copyright Thomas D. Houston, 2002