Frequently Asked Questions
This page was last updated on Saturday, 09-Jul-2016 12:00:05 MDT.
Thank you for your interest in the Books We Own Project!!! To help answer your questions and to provide contact information, I have prepared this list of frequently asked questions.
I would like to volunteer to do lookups. Where do I sign up?
* If you are a New Contributor, please go to the New Contributor's Page for instructions on volunteering your resources.
I am a current volunteer and need to make changes to my listings.
* If you are already a contributor, and need to make changes to your listings, please go to the Current Contributor's Page for instructions on altering your listings.
I need a lookup from this book - can you check your library?
* Please note - I DO NOT own any of the books listed on Books We Own! I update the pages with contributions from other volunteers. If you would like a lookup from a particular book, please go to the BWO Library and browse individual categories, or search all of the BWO pages.
I am interested in purchasing a particular book. Can you tell me how?
* I CANNOT answer such questions as I am not a book dealer. The following links will direct you to booksellers on the web [note: inclusion here by no mean indicates endorsement of the products or services offered by these websites!!]
- BookFinder.com - megasearch engine, will search catalog of several different online booksellers.
- Higginson Books - specializes in reprints of books no longer copyrighted.
- Barnes and Noble - has a rare and used books division.
- Cyndi's List has many more listings.
I requested a lookup from a volunteer and have not received a response/my message bounced because of a bad email address.
* If you sent a request, and more than 7 days has passed, resend your message - many volunteers receive hundreds of requests a week, and your message may have been overlooked, accidentally deleted, etc.
* It is possible that the lookup volunteer tried to respond to your message, but couldn't, either because your e-mail address was mistyped, or because your ISP refused to accept the message (i.e. ISP servers were down, or your mailbox was full). Check the page of Undeliverable Replies to see if your message is listed there.
* If you still have not received a response, and more than TWO weeks have passed, please email the BWO editor at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: the Owner's Code for the lookup volunteer (the two- to four-letter code at the end of a listing) and the title of the book from which you were requesting a lookup. Please be sure to include "BWO Project" in the subject line.
* If you sent a message that was returned to you because of an outdated or incorrect email address, please email the BWO editor at email@example.com with the following information: the Owner's Code for the lookup volunteer (the two- to four-letter code at the end of a listing) and the email address you used - if at all possible, please forward the bounced message, as well.
I want to report a broken link/typo/incorrect information.
* Please email the BWO editor at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: the URL of the page on which the error occurred, and the exact nature of the error.
I have a question that hasn't been answered by the above FAQs.
* Please email the BWO editor at email@example.com.