VOLUNTEERING at the MPGS Library
If you are visiting this website, you more than likely already have an interest in genealogy. Why not volunteer to help in the library?
Currently, the library is open Monday and Friday from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Barbara, our librarian, is keeping the library in tip-top shape and is ready to welcome those from Garland County, surrounding counties and even from around the country. She could, however, use some help. Following are just a few of the things you might be able to help with:
- Greeting visitors and helping to find the books.
- Helping new visitors complete family worksheets. You might meet a long lost relative or make a new friend.
- Scanning and archiving obituaries.
- Updating the card catalogue.
- Filing and reshelving books.
- Making photocopies.
- Answering the telephone.
You will find some very friendly people to work with who are also interested in finding that elusive ancestor, aunt, uncle, or cousin. While working on a much-needed project, you can chat about your latest trip to a courthouse, cemetery, or visit with an elderly relative who was able to give you some really interesting tidbit of information.