community is located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula on the
shore of Port Graham. It is adjacent to Nanwalek, and 7.5 miles
southwest of Seldovia. It lies at approximately 59░ 21' N Latitude, 151░
49' W Longitude (Sec. 32, T009S, R015W, Seward Meridian). The community
is located in the Seldovia Recording District. The area encompasses 6
sq. miles of land and 1 sq. miles of water.
Port Graham was originally a cannery
and wharf, as reported by the U.S. Geological Survey in 1909. A post
office operated between 1938 and 1961. Many of the Native residents are
Sugpiaq. A pink salmon hatchery became operational in 1991. In January
1998, the hatchery and village-owned salmon processing plant were
destroyed by fire. The plant was rebuilt and re-opened in June 1999.