Search billions of records on Ancestry.com


Return to Home 
Research Center Directory 
 



 

 

 

Port Clarence

 

Port Clarence is southwest of Teller and Brevig Mission. It was built on a sand spit by the bay of Port Clarence and Grantley Harbor on the Seward Peninsula. It lies at approximately 65░ 15' N Latitude, 166░ 30' W Longitude . The community is located in the Cape Nome Recording District. The area encompasses 36 sq. miles of land and 42 sq. miles of water.

The 1893 U.S. Census listed a collective village at this site with a population of 485, of which 236 were native and 249 were foreign. Their descendants are the residents of nearby Brevig Mission, Teller, and Wales.

 

 



 


ęCopyright 2014 Alaska Trails to the Past All Rights Reserved
For more information contact the Webmistress