Gold was discovered on July 24, 1914, on
Livengood Creek by N.R. Hudson and Jay Livengood.
The village was founded near the Hudson/ Livengood claim as a mining camp during
the winter of 1914-15, when hundreds of people came into the district.
A post office was established in 1915 and was discontinued in 1957.
A construction camp was located near Livengood during the construction of the