is located 8.5 miles west of Fairbanks on the George Parks Highway. It
lies at approximately 64░ 50' N Latitude, 148░ 01' W Longitude (Sec. 07,
T001S, R002W, Fairbanks Meridian). The community is located in the
Fairbanks Recording District. The area encompasses 2 sq. miles of land
and 0 sq. miles of water.
It was originally a mining camp
established prior to 1905 near Ester Creek. It was first reported in
1908 by the U.S. Geological Survey. Ester Gold Camp was established in
1936. The community has grown as a result of Borough land lotteries.